What is organic farming
The concept of organic farming in India is not new, it comes from ancient times. It is basically soil remaining in good health by using organic fertilizer such as organic waste and biological waste. Organic farming is also pollution free and environment friendly. It is a system in which farmers avoid use of a large number of pesticides, fertilizer, hormones,etc and depend on organic fertilizer, crop rotation, animal manicure, and biological waste. In other word organic farming is to keep soil health to produce healthy food and keep our body healthy from many common disease.
Organic farming in India.
The World of organic agriculture 2018 report says that india is 30 percent of the total organic producer in the world. But organic farming in India is just only 1.5 million hectares of the total 57.8 million hectares. The main factor for this, farmers are struggling from poor policy, input cost rising, and limited market. This study was done by ASSOCHAM and global consultancy firm Ernst & young. Also expensive organic products also discourage customers and directly affect on sale organic products.
Organic Market of india
Organic market of india export largest products to worldwide. More than 30 percent of world wide organic products are produced in india. India export largest organic cotton worldwide. Organic market of India continuously grows by25 percent as compared to 16 percent globally. In 2018, the organic market of India is estimated to be more than 4000, and it is expected to increase to 10000 in 2020. The organic market of India exported 1.35 million metric tons worldwide in year 2015 – 2016. Sikkim is first state of india won oscar for best policies.
What is the basic objective? The objective of organic farming is establishment of an agro-ecological system, which relies on local resources such biological waste and organic waste.
- To produce high quality food and sufficient population size.
- Organic farming promotes the use of natural made pesticides.
- Minimizing all types of pollution during farming.
- Keep soil healthy and fertile for producing good food and keep the body healthy.
- Using renewable sources.
- Maintaining genetic diversity and its surrounding to keep protect plants and wildlife.
- Proper care of water resources for use in organic farming.
Method of organic farming
This type of methods mainly focus on agro-ecological systems in such a way to keep soil alive.
MIxed farming- This type of farming practice of agricultural farming as well as other types such as fish farming, poultry farming etc.
Crop rotation- Farmers not only grow the same type of crops on the same section. They change weeds over years on the same land. Same types of crops grown on the same land can affect the fertility of soil.
Pest and disease management- to protect crops from pests and disease, using organic pest control.
Organic manure- to keep fertility of soil alive , biodegradable material, organic waste used in manure.
Types of organic farming
Pure organic farming- It involves the use of organic manures and biopesticides with complete avoidance of inorganic chemicals and pesticides.
Integrated organic farming- It includes incorporated supplements for the executives and coordinated vermin the board. It is the kind of cultivating where you develop crops from characteristic assets. Further, having the total nutritive esteem and furthermore figure out how to keep the harvest or plants from the vermin.
Technique of Organic farming
- CROP ROTATION: It is the strategy to become different sorts of harvests in a similar territory, as indicated by the various seasons, in a consecutive way.
- GREEN MANURE: It alludes to the perishing plants that are evacuated and transformed into the dirt to make them go about as a supplement for the dirt to build its quality
- BIOLOGICAL PEST CONTROL: we utilize living beings to control bugs with or without the utilization of synthetic substances.
- COMPOST: Profoundly wealthy in supplements, it is a reused natural issue utilized as a compost in the rural homesteads.
In this post article we cover up about organic farming, farming in india, organic market of India, benefit , method, types and technique of organic farming. Its helps to protect our ecosystem and environment and also helps us in using biological and organic waste to keep soil alive and fertile for a long period. The main aim of organic farming is to provide us with good quality foods and products to keep the human body healthy.
Similar Posts by The Author:
- how long is a decade | years, days | months | hours | infographic
- raksha bandhan 2020 quotes for brother and sister | wishing greeting card | muhurat
- Benefit of organic farming | advantage | disadvantage | books
- Top best private engineering college in India
- Aban offshore share, price target, book value analysis.
- Is weed bad or good, History of Marijuana in Hindu culture. Banned
- Art painting drawing of The Difo Sheep| free download